Checkra1n ( Lifetime ) Jailbreak released iPhone 5s to iPhone X running iOS 12.3 to latest iOS version include latest Beta versions. Checkra1n still compatible with MacOS and Windows users can use Ra1n USB method to use Checkra1n tool.
Checkra1n Jailbreak Device compatible
All A6 to A11 Devices are compatible with Checkrain jailbreak.
iPhone 5C , iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 , iPhone 6+ , iPhone 6S , iPhone 6S+ iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7+ , iPhone 8 / iPhone 8+, iPhone X.
iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air, iPad Pro (12.9 in), iPad Pro (9.7 in) , iPad Pro (10.5 in), iPad 6G, iPad 7G
Unsupported Devices for checkra1n
iPhone 11 Pro , iPhone 11 , iPhone 11 Pro Max , iPhone XR , iPhone XS Max , iPhone XS , iPhone XS Max
Checkra1n Jailbreak iOS compatible
iOS 12.3 / iOS 12.3.1 / iOS 12.4 / iOS 12.4.1 / iOS 13 / iOS 13.1.1 / iOS 13.1.2 / iOS 13.1.3 / iOS 13.2 / iOS 13.2.2 / iOS 13.2.3 / iOS 13.3 and iOS 13.3.1 Beta
But according to some users, Checkrain 0.9.5 version still not compatible with the iOS 13.2.3.
Follow below guide if you having issue in Checkra1n jailbreak iOS 13.2.3.
Download Checkra1n jailbreak
Checkra1n is semi-untethered jailbreak tool. So you have to re-jailbreak your Device after every restart and Device turn off. Follow below Checkra1n Mac guide or Ra1n USB Windows guide to jailbreak your iOS Device.
Checkra1n jailbreak still not available as online ( Without PC ) solution.
Checkra1n jailbreak Guide
Still Mac operating system only compatible with Checkra1n. Follow below guide for jailbreak your Device with Checkra1n.
- Step 01 - Download Checkra1n
- Step 02 - Drag and Drop Checkra1n DMG file to run
- Step 03 - Now open Checkra1n
- Step 04 - Now connect your Device to PC
- Step 05 - Tap Start Button
- Step 06 - Tap Next button to enter DFU mode
- Step 07 - Now put your Device to DFU mode. Just follow on screen instructions to put your Device to DFU mode
- Step 08 - You will have Checkra1n app once you Device booted
- Step 09 - Now check your Device for Checkra1n app
- Step 10 - Now tap Checkra1n app to open the Checkra1n app
- Step 11 - Now you will have Cydia name on Checkra1n main interface and tap on it
- Step 12 - Now you can see Cydia Downloading
- Step 13 - Once all process doen, you will have Cydia application on your Device.
Checkra1n Ra1n USB ( Windows )
Important thing before start Ra1nUSB Jailbreak
- Your Windows Machine should be 64-bit Operating System
- Machine should run x64-based processor
- Your USB must be 32 memory Drive
- This method working both Intel and AMD
Compatible iOS versions and Device Models for Ra1nUSB method
iOS 12.3 to latest iOS running iPhone 5s to iPhone X Devices are fully compatible for this method.
How to use Checkra1n jailbreak with Ra1nUSB?
Ra1nUSB comes with two versions AMD and Intel. So you must download the correct version according to your Computer.
Intel Download Link
AMD Download link
- Step 1. Now connect your USB to Machine
- Step 2. Now we need to format the USB Drive
- Step 3. Open .balena etcher from your Machine
- Step 4. Tap Select image
- Step 5. Go to the Desktop and select correct file and double click
- Step 6. Now click select target option
- Step 7. Now you are in Select a Drive popup box and click on Scan disk option ( As an image )
- Step 8. Click continue
- Step 9. Tap Flash option. This process takes some time and you will see a popup once complete the process. Now popup will ask to format it. Click on Cancel option
- Step 10. Now restart your computer
- Step 11. Once Computer turn on and it will ask to click Del or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS files. Click on it
- Step 12. Now Click F1 to run setup
- Step 13. Now in the BIOS setting you have to disable the following options
- VT-D option
- EL SerialPort option
- SecureBoot option
- Stack Network option
- Fastboot option
- Wake on LAN option
- Please make sure to tap save option once you change above option
- Step 14. Now click your USB flash drive from boot menu
- Step 15. Now you will redirect to another menu “ Boot macOS Install from Ra1nUSB “
- Step 16. Now click right arrow key and go to Option page
- Step 17. Tap Enter
- Step 18. Now you will see meny options. Tap first option
- First option > Boot Args : - v darkwake=0 dart=0 slide=0 -
- Now Delete > darkwake=0 dart=0 slide=0 -
- Step 19. Now go to Graphics Injector and enter. Disable every option on it. Tap return
- Step 20. Now tap return from options
- Step 21 . Now you will redirect to “ Boot macOS Install from Ra1nUSB “
- Step 22. Tap enter on MacOS
- Step 23. Now macOS will start to loading
- Step 24. Now you in MacOS on your Computer
- Step 25. Now go to the top and click Utilities > Terminal
- Step 26. Now you are In the terminal window, type in ra1nusb and press the Enter button
- Step 27. Now Checkra1n app will launch
- Step 28. Now follow Checkra1n Jailbreak tool guide.
ra1nstorm for run Checkra1n without Mac ( Checkra1n for Windows / Linux )
Checkra1n still in Mac operating system and still no official release for Windows and Linux operating system. But ra1nstorm allows using Checkra1n jailbreak tool without MacOS. Ra1nstorm enables to run configure suitable environment checkra1n (KVM/IOMMU)
Follow below ra1nstorm guide to use Checkra1n without Mac. This is only a temporary method and waits for official release
Ra1nstorm install guide
- Step 01 - Download ra1nstorm 0.9.1
- Step 02 - Run above file to install Mac
- Step 03 - Now you can use Checkra1n in Windows and Linux
iOS 13.2.3 Checkrain Jailbreak Guide
iOS 13.2.3 users cannot put DFU mode during the Checkra1n Jailbreak process. So you have to put your Device to DFU mode manually before starting the process. Follow below guide to jailbreak your iOS 13.2.3 Device.
- Step 01 - Put your Device to DFU manually
- Step 02 - Download Checkra1n from official site
- Step 03 - Drag and Drop Checkra1n DMG file to run
- Step 04 - Now open Checkra1n
- Step 05 - Now connect your Device to PC
- Step 06 - Tap Start Button
- Step 07 - You will have Checkra1n app once you Device booted
- Step 08 - Now check your Device for Checkra1n app
- Step 09 - Now tap Checkra1n app to open the Checkra1n app
- Step 10 - Now you will have Cydia name on Checkra1n main interface and tap on it
Checkra1n jailbreak for iOS 13.3.1 Beta
Checkra1n Jailbreak tool fully compatible with the latest iOS 13.3.1 Developer Beta version.
Checkra1n for iOS 11 to iOS 12.2
Still, Checkra1n only supports the above iOS 12.3 version. But iOS 11 to iOS 12.2 Unc0ver users can run Checkra1n jailbreak tool. Just follow below instructions to run Checkra1n on iOS 11 to iOS 12.2.
- Step 01 - Create an empty file at /.mount_rw
- Step 02 - Run Checkra1n Jailbreak tool
- Step 03 - Now you can use Jailbreak tweaks
Zebra and Installer for Checkra1n Jailbreak
At the Cydia is only the default package manager for Checkra1n. Zebra and Installer will be added with a later Checkra1n tool upgrade, according to Developers.
Checkra1n for Apple TV jailbreak
Checkra1n jailbreak released for Apple TV fourth-generation . This news officially announced by @nitoTV with their official Twitter account.
Still, Checkra1 only supports fourth generation (HD) Apple TV. Apple TV 4K also compatible with Checkra1n, but it doesn't have to get to DFU mode. So if you are on 4K Apple TV stay on the same firmware version and do not upgrade.
- Step 01 - Download Checkra1n Apple tool (Only for Mac)
- Step 02 - Drag and Drop Checkra1n app to the Application folder.
- Step 03 - Open Checkra1n app
- Step 04 - Connect your TV Device to Mac using USB cable
- Step 05 - Click Start Button
- Step 06 - Wait for the process
Checkra1n Errors (Troubleshooting)
iOS 13.2.3 Unsupported error -
Some users had iOS 13.2.3 Unsupported error. So Enter DFU mode before start jailbreak process and issue will be resolved.
Checkra1n 20 error -
Try with Different cable. Make sure to use USB-A Cable.
Bootloop Error -
Do not install incompatible Jailbreak tweaks. Make sure to install Cydia Compatible Checker after install Cydia.
How to Remove Checkra1n Jailbreak
Like other jailbreak tools, you cannot remove Checkra1n Jailbreak from an iOS update. Because all upcoming iOS version would be support for Checkra1n. But you can remove Checkra1n jailbreak from your Device with Restore system. Just open Checkra1n app from your Home Screen and tap Restore system option. Then jailbreak and Cydia will uninstall from your Device and reboot require to apply.
Checkrain is a scam website. This scam site launches a website and claims that they just released a No PC ( Online ) Jailbreak method for iOS Device. According to this site Coolstar, Jamie Bishops, Ninjaprawn & Brandon Azad & Ian beer mentation as exploit developers. This site is only installing mobile config. So stay away from Checkrain scam site.