Cydia has its unique offerings, that’s why Cydia is the best third-party package manager for iOS devices. Everyone wants to install Cydia on their iPhone or iPad to enable the locked features. As Cydia download could be the best thing that happened to your iPhone, it’ll allow installing jailbreak apps, tweaks, themes and other third-party software. Most of these packages are exclusively available on Cydia and will not available on Apple App Store or any other third-party services.
How to Install Cydia
To install Cydia or to download Cydia for your iPhone, your device should be jailbroken. Therefore, you may have to check if your device supports jailbreaking. This depends on your device model and the currently running iOS version. If your device model and iOS version support, you can jailbreak your device and install Cydia on it using an appropriate jailbreak tool.
Want to know your device’s compatibility for Cydia? Just check with Silzee Jailbreak Finder or proceed with our guide below.
If your device is jailbreakable, you can install Cydia on it. Not to worry as there are some Cydia alternatives as good as Cydia package manager. Some of these Cydia alternatives offer jailbreak apps, themes and tweaks without a jailbreak. Try some and select what’s best.
iOS 13 - iOS 13.1
iOS 13 and iOS 13.1 is in beta stages at the moment. Few iOS 13 betas have been jailbroken successfully but an official jailbreak or Cydia on iOS 13 is yet to be released to the public. After iOS 13 public release, it could be jailbroken and Cydia download will be possible for iOS 13. Until then, Hexxa Plus is the recommended Cydia alternative for iOS 13 – iOS 13.1
iOS 12.4 and iOS 12 - iOS 12.2
You can jailbreak these versions using Unc0ver or Chimera jailbreak tools. Unc0ver installs Cydia as the default package manager while Chimera offers Sileo as the default package manager.
Unc0ver jailbreak support all the devices powered by A7 – A12X chips. However, this jailbreak tool fully supported up to A11 devices while A12 and A12X device support is partially achieved. All A7 – A12X devices will have Cydia after the jailbreak process but some tweaks will not work on A12 and A12X devices.
Support all A7 – A11 devices. Initially, developers announced that A12 – A12X support is on the way but later they mentioned that they will focus on iOS 13 jailbreak rather than releasing A12 and A12X jailbreak on these versions. Chimera does not offer Cydia automatically but installs Sileo as the default package manager
You can install Cydia by adding the following repo on Sileo.
rootlessJB was the first iOS 12 jailbreak but lacks Cydia support. Recently, developer Brandon Plank released rootlessJB with the support to iOS 12 – iOS 12.2 and iOS 12.4 versions. rootlessJB will install Filza and iSuperSU after the jailbreak process. There’s no way to install Cydia with rootlssJB but tweaks installation is possible with the support of rootless Installer.
iOS 12.4.1 / iOS 12.3 / iOS 12.3.1 / iOS 12.3.2
These iOS versions do not support to jailbreak on any device at the moment. But with an iOS 13 jailbreak, these iOS versions will be jailbreakable and will be able to use Cydia. Hexxa repo extractor is the recommended Cydia alternative.
iOS 11 - iOS 11.4.1
iOS 11 – iOS 11.4.1 jailbreak is available with Electra and Unc0ver jailbreak tools and offers Cydia for these versions.
Electra jailbreak is the first jailbreak tool which offers Cydia for iOS 11 jailbreak. Now it ships Sileo as the default package manager but Cydia install is possible with Sileo.
Unc0ver jailbreak supports all the iOS versions between iOS 11 – iOS 11.4.1 and installs Cydia after the jailbreak process complete.
Cydia sources / Repositories
Cydia is a package manager and installer. You have to add sources (repositories) before installing new apps, themes or tweaks using Cydia. Cydia extracts these repos and creates a list of applications. You can browse or search Cydia apps after you extract the repo using the Cydia.
Cydia official repos
The following are the default repos of the Cydia.
- BigBoss – http://apt.bigboss.us.com/repofiles/cydia/
- Cydia/Telesphoreo Repo – http://apt.saurik.com/
- ModMyi Archived Repo – http://modmyifone.com/repo/
- ZodTTD Repo – http://www.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/
You can add more repos to install thousands of more apps, tweaks, and themes. These are the most popular repos by 3rd party developers/services.
- Peterprd – https://peterprd.github.io/nightly/
- CydiaGeek – http://cydiageek.yourepo.com/
- Mdaus – http://mdaus.ch/repo/
- D4ni – https://repo.d4ni.nl/
- Fncxpro – https://fncxpro.github.io/
- Junesiphone – http://junesiphone.com/supersecret/
- Tateu – http://tateu.net/repo/
- Hulioverne – http://julioverne.github.io/
- Unlimapps – http://beta.unlimapps.com/
- Shade – Zepheri – https://shade-zepheri.github.io/
- Leroy – https://leroy-b.github.io/home/repo/
- C1der – http://c1d3r.com/repo/
- Dynastic – https://repo.dynastic.co/
- Midkin – https://repo.midkin.net/
- Dev4i – http://dev4i.yourepo.com/
- Danstaface- http://deb.danstaface.net/
- Julio.Xarold – http://julio.xarold.com
- Mpg13 – https://mpg13.github.io/repo/
- Xenpublic – http://xenpublic.incendo.ws/
- Lonestarx – https://repo.lonestarx.net/
- Subdiox – http://subdiox.com/cydia/
- Creaturesurvive – https://creaturesurvive.github.io/
- Laughingquoll – http://beta.laughingquoll.net/repo/
- Alfhaily.- https://apt.alfhaily.me/
- Angelxwind – https://cydia.angelxwind.net/
- Coolstar – http://coolstar.org/publicrepo/
- Cpdigitaldarkroom – https://repo.cpdigitaldarkroom.com
- cpdigitaldarkroom Beta – https://beta.cpdigitaldarkroom.com/
- GitHub – https://midnightchip.github.io/repo/
- hbang- https://cydia.hbang.ws
- xsellize – http://cydia.xsellize.com
- ibsoft- https://ibsoft.net/cydia/
- ichitaso – http://cydia.ichitaso.com/
- ihacks – http://ihacksrepo.com
- limneos – http://limneos.net/repo/
- nullpixel – http://repo.nullpixel.uk/
- Packix – https://repo.packix.com/
- rpetri – http://rpetri.ch/repo/
- Sinfuliphonerepo – http://sinfuliphonerepo.com/
However, it’s not possible to extract these Cydia sources to install apps on a non-jailbroken device. But, you can extract compatible sources using Cydia alternatives to install apps, tweaks and themes.
Not to worry if your iOS version or the device model is not supported for a jailbreak yet. There are worthy Cydia alternatives available to achieve the similar as jailbreak. They offer jailbreak apps, tweaks, themes and other customization options without a jailbreak. The solutions listed here are supported up to iOS 13.1 beta.
Hexxa Plus is the recommended Cydia alternative for iOS 13 version but totally compatible with previous iOS versions up to iOS 12.4.1 version. Uses repo extraction method to install jailbreak apps and tweaks and offer thousands of apps in different categories.
Bregxi allows jailbreak app installation using the source extraction method and supports up to iOS 13 beta.
This was initially introduced for iOS 12.2 jailbreak and later updated to iOS 13 beta. Offers thousands of jailbreak apps, tweaks and themes from different sources.
Ziyu was the first Cydia alternative for iOS 12 jailbreak. It uses the repository extraction method to enable the same as jailbreak by installing third-party apps and tweaks.
Install Cydia Online
You can use Silzee online jailbreak method to jailbreak your iPhone and to install Cydia.
iOS 12.0 – 12.2 & 12.4
iOS 11.0 – 12.4
iOS 12.0 – iOS 12.1.2
iOS 11 – iOS 11.4.1
iOS 11 – iOS 11.3.1
iOS 10.0 – iOS 10.3.3
iOS 10.0 – iOS 10.1
iOS 9.1 – iOS 9.3.4
iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3.3
Copyright © 2019 by silzee.com