Chimera jailbreak is the newest invention from the Electra jailbreak team with the lead developer Coolstar. This brand new Chimera jailbreak was released for jailbreak iOS 12. Now it added support for iOS 12 - iOS 12.2 and iOS 12.4 versions including A12 running iPhones/ iPads. Chimera comes up with the Sileo package manager installation instead of Cydia.
Chimera Compatible iOS Versions
- iOS 12.0, iOS 12.0.1
- iOS 12.1,iOS 12.1.1, iOS 12.1.2, iOS 12.1.3, iOS 12.1.4
- iOS 12.2
- iOS 12.4
Developer note > Some 12.3 betas are compatible with Chimera. (Beta 6 is not compatible).
Chimera Supported Devices
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR (A12 - with iOS 12- iOS 12.1.2)
- iPhone X, iPhone 8 & Plus, iPhone 7 & 7 Plus, iPhone 6S & 6S Plus
- iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
Developer note >
- Only Nonce setter available on 12.1.2 - 12.3 and 12.4 on A12
- iOS 12.1.3 - 12.3 and 12.4 only supported on A7 - A11 devices. All devices supported on 12.0 - 12.1.2
How to download Chimera jailbreak
- Chimera Online jailbreak method (No PC method)
Chimera jailbreak IPA method (PC required)
- No need of Apple ID or password
- No need of Cydia Impactor
- No sideloaded errors anymore
- The easiest method
- The most popular and most recommended way
- Apple ID and password required
- Need to install Cydia Impactor
- Maybe occurred Cydia Impactor errors
Chimera Online jailbreak method (No PC method)
- Step 01. Open this page from your Mobile Safari and tap the Download button
- Step 02. Go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management → Trust the app
- Step 03. Go to Home Screen and open the Chimera app and Tap the Jailbreak button
- Step 04. Wait for the process and wait for the restart
- Step 05. Once the restart process is done, go to Home Screen and find Sileo
Chimera jailbreak IPA method (Cydia Impactor method)
Download the latest version of the Chimera jailbreak IPA and go through with the following steps.
- Step 01. Download Chimera jailbreak IPA from the button below
- Step 03. Connect your device with the computer and open Cydia Impactor
- Step 04. Drag and Drop downloaded Chimera Jailbreak IPA file.
- Step 05. Provide your Apple ID and Password when required.
- Step 06. It will be sideloaded Unc0ver Jailbreak app to your iPhone/ iPad
- Step 07. Go to Settings → General → Profiles & Device Management → Trust the app
- Step 08. Go to Home screen and find Chimera app and open it
- Step 09. Tap Jailbreak button to start the process
- Step 10. Device will be restart few times
- Step 11. Check Home Screen for Sileo once done Restart process
Important > Chimera is a semi-untethered jailbreak tool that means you have to re-jailbreak your Device by using the Chimera app every time you reboot your device.
How to re-jailbreak after Reboot / Restart
You have to use Chimera jailbreak app for re-jailbreak process
- Open Chimera app from Home screen
- Tap Jailbreak button
- Wait for the complete Jailbreak process and Device will be restart once complete the process
Now you can use Sileo again.
Sileo Demo for latest iOS versions
The latest iOS versions users also can get Sileo Expirainace after adding Demo version of Sileo. As the name suggests it is only Demo and cannot use it for tweak installations as the real Sileo.
How to install Sileo Demo?
Sileo Demo version can be installed as two different methods such as via PC and Online ( Without PC ). Online method is the easiest one to install.
Sileo Demo install PC method
- Step 1. Download Cydia Impactor
- Step 2. Download Sileo Demo IPA
- Step 3. Connect your Device to PC
- Step 4. Drag and Drop Sileo IPA to Cydia Impactor
- Step 5. Enter Apple ID and Password to sign the IPA
- Step 6. Once complete the process, Check your Home Screen for Sileo Demo
Sileo Demo install Online ( Without PC ) Method
- Step 1.Open Silzee home page from mobile Safari
- Step 2.Tap to Install
- Step 3.Now check Home Screen for Sileo Demo
How to add Repo on Sileo?
- Step 01. Go to Sileo and Open
- Step 02. Tap Source button and open
- Step 03. Now you can see + mark on right corner and tap
- Step 04. Enter Repo URL on popup box and tap Add Source
Sileo Support Repo / Source list
How to install Cydia from Sileo
Sileo is the default third party app manager for Chimera Jailbreak. But still, Chimera jailbroken users can install Cydia after adding below repo.
How to remove Sileo?
Sileo can be removed with two different methods.
The first method is > Using Succession Tweak
The second method is > Restore using iTunes
Succession method to remove Sileo
Restore method to remove Sileo
- Step 1. First, update your iTunes to the latest version.
- Step 2. Make sure to Backup your data for security.
- Step 3. Connect your Device to PC
- Step 4. Open iTunes
- Step 5. Tap Trust for once message popup
- Step 6. Tap Restore iPhone option
- Step 7. Once complete the process Sileo will not be available on your Device
Chimera Jailbreak latest approaches
Chimera iPadOS 13
Recently CoolStart tweeted and hinted about Chimera iOS 13 jailbreak
Chimera13 for 13.0 - 13.3 on A9-A11 semi-untether
CoolStar tweeted and create a poll and asked Should I release Chimera13 for 13.0 - 13.3 on A9-A11
Unc0ver Jailbreak is another utility that gives the same features as Chimera. It’s also a semi-untethered tool that has been developed by Pwn20wnd, Sam binger and team. The latest Unc0ver jailbreak was released with support for iOS 11 - 12.4 versions but excluding iOS 12.3 - iOS 12.3.2.
However, Unc0ver jailbreak lead developer, @Pwn20wnd will release an updated version to jailbreak iOS 13 - iOS 13.3 versions , including with the support of A12 and A13 running iPhones/ iPads.
Unless other jailbreak tools Checkra1n jailbreak uses a different way of jailbreaking process. Checkra1n jailbreak released with the support of Checkm8 bootrom exploit and gives you semi-tethered experience. It is compatible with iPhone 5s – iPhone X, iOS 12.3 and up. Checkra1n jailbreak process is running when your device is in the booting stage. So this method can jailbreak any iOS device with any iOS version including upcoming iOS firmwares.
The latest Checkra1n jailbreak released version support for Mac and as well as Linux OSes. The team is ongoing with Windows update too.
Chimera Jailbreak known issues fix guide
Chimera jailbreak revoke issue
Jailbreak Developers using Apple Enterprise app to sign Chimera Jailbreak. So Apple has the authorization to block enterprise app anytime. Check with other online jailbreak to install again
Sileo not working after reboot
Chimera is a semi-untethered jailbreak tool. So you have to re-jailbreak the Device after every reboot. Use the Chimera jailbreak app to re-jailbreak again
Chimera app grayed out
It is because of a revoke issue. Please check with another online jailbreak sites
Chimera app not installing
Please Clear Safari browsing history before start and the install again
Chimera 2/3 issue
- Turn off the Device
- Cool down the device at least 30 seconds
- Turn on the Device and re-jailbreak
More about Chimera jailbreak error fixing - Guide